Yellowstone Heritage and Research Center, Photo: Colleen Curry

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Short Day at the Office

This morning, I worked on various smaller projects until the tour at 10 AM. My boyfriend, Colin, is up for a visit, so he came to the tour of the facility to see what I have been up to this summer. He had told me he was interested in seeing some older objects from the hotels, so I pulled some old dishware from the Mammoth Hotel to point out on the tour. After the tour, I showed Colin the historic furniture collection, which we do not bring the tour groups to see. He really enjoyed the behind the scenes look at a neat part of the HRC collection. I think he especially appreciated it because he (and I) used to work in an historic hotel in Glacier National Park, so it was interesting to see the history of similar hotels here in Yellowstone. Afterwards, Colleen was nice enough to let me out of work an hour early at noon (I took comp time and had planned on leaving at 1) so I could show Colin more of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment