Yellowstone Heritage and Research Center, Photo: Colleen Curry

Friday, July 10, 2009

Cataloging All Day

I spent this morning finishing the catalog record for my black album in Microsoft Word. Then, I finally cataloged the blessing wand and an American flag with a picture of a Native American on it that were left as offerings in 2005 at the sight of the 1999 Buffalo Walk. An NPS employee removed the objects from the sight because of concern they might be stolen or tampered with by park guests. After cataloging those objects, I started in on another black album (I still need to photograph every page of the first one, but need help from the other interns who have already done that (apparently it is complicated). So I grabbed another black album (this one is even longer at 191 pages) and started labeling the uncataloged photos. I got about 20pages in before the end of the day, and will continue working on that Monday.

The flag I cataloged and the flag-shaped box I made for it

1 comment:

  1. Do you have the kind of helpful information for the second album that Bob provided for the first one?

    I am eager to learn about the significance, if any, of the cloth that accompanied the ceremonial pipe.

    ReplyDelete