Yellowstone Heritage and Research Center, Photo: Colleen Curry

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More Black Album Work

Today I finished cataloging my second black album in Microsoft Word. I completed this work at around 2PM. I wanted to jump right into photographing the album, but some of my coworkers were already using the camera, so I rehoused some glasses until they were done. I photographed all 191 pages of my album, which went pretty quickly despite having to upload photos frequently to make room in the camera's memory card. After, photographing and uploading all the photos, I worked on editing the photos and re-saving them both as TIFF files and as small files to be uploaded into ANCS+ when I make my catalog entry. The TIFF files will be kept in a folder on the shared drive, where people will have access to them in perpetuity (TIFF files do not pixelate over time). Tomorrow I plan to photograph my other album and work on cropping and resaving all my images so that I will be ready to create my catalog records next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment